THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vegas for beginners

Sweetie and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate his birthday. ALLOT to learn for newbies, but once you catch on it's fun!

My first strange encounter was right after we checked into the MGM. Our room was not yet ready, and so the front desk suggested that we check our bags in with the bell desk. We made our way over to the bell desk line as there were many other people checking in...

So we handed our bags to the bell guy, and after I thanked him he held the claim ticket and looked at me... I was expecting our claim ticket, but he did nothing but stand there, all the while I was thinking "why is this guy not giving me the ticket". Anyways, thank goodness for Paul. During the awkward silence he realized that the bell guy wanted a tip before he would give us the claim ticket. He handed him some cash, and then we went on our merry way.

I felt so silly, but my logic was telling me that I was supposed to get something before I gave a tip. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Next time, I'll be sure to book our flight and arrival time for later in the day. This way, our room should be available when we arrive. Keep the cash flow to a minimum.

0 comments: